Are you ready to vacuum the floor? Vacuuming is the primary method for carpet cleaning and you cannot afford to get it wrong. Otherwise, considerable amount of dust and dirt will get deeper and deeper into the pile every day. Here are the steps to take do get things right.
1. Give the carpet a quick check and remove small objects which may clog the vacuum. Use specially designed brush to remove accumulations of hair.
2. Check the vacuum bag first, if your appliance uses one. If it’s over half to three quarters full change it right away.
3. Inspect the attachments and clean them, if needed. Be sure to remove any hairs from the roller brush.
4. Use the crevice tool to clean the corners of the carpet and the tight areas around and under furniture.
5. Attach the power nozzle or another type of tool designed especially for carpet. There is no way to mistaken it for the upholstery cleaning attachment. If you can choose from several different carpet tools, you should opt for the most powerful one.
6. Adjust the vacuuming height precisely to match the carpet pile’s height. Generally, for plush carpet and other items like wool rugs, you need to use the highest possible setting to avoid damage.
7. Make passes along the length of the carpet and then along its width. Ensure that you follow the direction of the pile. Going in the opposite direction won’t result in better cleaning, but may damage the pile.
8. Vacuum the carpet at slow motion. Make several passes over each area. It’s true that home carpet cleaning will take longer, but the effort will be well worth it.
9. Watch out for stains and mold while vacuuming. These problems should be dealt with as soon as possible. It is particularly important to remove black mold and pet and chemical stains which are very damaging.